Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Assumption of Youth


Do not judge me for what I 'haven't been through',
Do not assume you know what I will say,
Do not interrupt the story I am telling you,
Do not tell try to tell me not to feel that way.

Do not think that you know better 'cause you're older,
Do not dare imply you've seen it all before,
Do not rush to be the conscience on my shoulder,
Do not humble me to dust upon the floor.

And when I am confiding, pay attention.
You'll find journeys in my eyes you've never seen.
Do not blind yourself with your misapprehension.
See me now for what I am, and where I've been.

-Me (December 10th, 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for this! It probably kind of made my day. If this is a question, I'll most likely get back to you in a day or two. Cheers!